Unreal Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installs and plays fabulously, with a patch.

The game installs and runs just fine (I'm using the CD edition of Unreal Gold), and I have no problem setting it to Direct3D and fullscreen. However, two things to note. First, in Direct3D, the bit depth cannot be set to 32; it will cause a "general protection fault" with a crash to desktop. The game looks okay in 16-bit, though. Second, the game actually runs way to fast, too fast to play, in my opinion. And the game speed setting in the preferences does not appear to do anything. Of course, depending on your system, you may or may not have this problem.

UPDATE:

Should've read the tips & tricks first. After installing the unofficial update from http://www.oldunreal.com/downloads.html the game now looks great in 32-bit with DX9 support. Speed limiting now works as well. The game is near flawless, as far as I can tell. The only issue I have with the patch is that it disables the "Return to Na Pali" expansion that came with my copy of Unreal Gold. Since I've never played it and was really looking forward to it, this is kind of an issue. It's supposed to be fixed in a future update, but I don't know how much work is still being done on this game, so I'm not holding my breath.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkdxWUxnUGhZc3Q4czVkOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9