uTorrent Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

µTorrent 1.7.6 works perfectly except for UPnP

µTorrent 1.7.6 (build 7859) works just about perfectly for me on Mac OS X "Tiger" 10.4.11 using CrossOver 6.2.1, including the WebUI and FlashUI. If installed in a win98 or win2000 bottle, the background in the torrent list pane is black, setting the Windows Version to Windows XP in wincfg (Control Panel) fixes this and properly displays it as white. No display issues when run from a winxp bottle.

The only thing that seems not to work is UPnP. I have to manually forward a port from my router to uTorrent to make it work properly.

Here's other things I've noticed about µTorrent on CrossOver Mac 6.2.1:

• Turn off all "System Tray" checkboxes under General in Preferences, since the nifty but non-standard way µTorrent uses the system tray doesn't work in CrossOver 6.2.1. At least this way you can minimize it like any other Mac app.

• You need to manually forward your listening port, as µTorrent's automatic port forwarding via UPnP does not seem to work right under this combination. (I have not tried NAT-PMP as I do not have an Apple AirPort Express/Extreme.) See the µTorrent FAQ on "How do I forward ports?" if you need a place to start. This means you should probably turn off all of the "Listening Port" checkboxes under Connections in Preferences.

• "Auto-Load Torrents" does not work in CrossOver 6.2.1, except when you first launch µTorrent, when it will check the directory you specify.

Thanks for the info.
It's important for people to uncheck all the sys tray stuff or else uTorrent will hang when minimizing.
I also manually forward my ports, but I was traveling the other day, connected to an open WiFi, and uTorrent automatically forwarded my ports. Maybe it only works with some routers?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3BINnhLTDJQNjN1Nm53NiIsImdkcHIiOjB9