uTorrent Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

uTorrent and CPU usage on Mac

While uTorrent works perfectly under Wine on Linux (I've used it since 0.9.30ish to the latest 1.1.2), on the Mac with Crossover (I tried both Pro and Games) it starts eating 100% of the CPU after being in use for a while (eg. an hour or so). It sometimes goes back to normal after a minute or two of 100% use, but sometimes it hangs completely and a reboot is necessary.

Please note that uTorrent does not exhibit this behavior on Windows or on Linux Wine, but only with Crossover Mac. I haven't tried compiling wine directly on the Mac (my reason for buying crossover was to avoid doing that!).

Does anybody have any clue?

I don't know why it would be doing that. You can use Activity Monitor to see what process(es) is (are) using all that CPU. You can also sample the process to get an idea of what it's trying to do. From Activity Monitor's View menu, select Sample Process.

Are you using Tiger or Leopard?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRW1OUEtTS3pNcmN6U3NndyIsImdkcHIiOjB9