uTorrent Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

uTorrent will not start - Ubuntu 9.04

I go through the install process without any issues. I made sure to declined (and in testing left this alone) to start uTorrent during startup. It finishes and attempts to run uTorrent. I then receive the following error:

It seems like uTorrent is already running, but not responding. Please close all uTorrent processes and try again.

I click on Ok on the dialog and try again. Same message.

I reset the bottle, same message. Killed any running Windows applications, same message. I restart the computer, attempt to start - same message.

Running CrossOver 8.0.0 with Ubuntu 9.04. uTorrent version is 1.8.4.

If you don't mind going back a couple of versions. I successfully installed uTorrent 1.6 on CrossOver 8.0.0. The install was flawless and it started right up. I changed the state for the file handling to default. Configured my Internet Connection speed.

To test, searched for a BT and downloaded. I downloaded the torrent and Ubuntu prompted me to open it with the bottle created for uTorrent. I clicked on open and voila, the torrent opened in uTorrent and began to download.

If you need to find the older version, go here:

http://www.oldversion.com/download_uTorrent_1.6.html

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmVhV3RXYXV0RkFYVEFkUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9