uTorrent Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can uTorrent handle a numerous amount of connections under Crossover?

I am currently running utorrent through Crossover Pro, however, I am experiencing an issue, specifically that, I am only getting ~50 kB, instead of my normal 1 MB download speed. Then again, it could just be the torrent, but, for the majority of my torrents, they usually get decent speed. My bandwidth is not a limitation here, as I am only getting 25 kB upload of my 512 kilobit speed.

Windows XP had a TCP/IP Connection Limit, which is why I am wondering if there could possibly be an issue with this.

uTorrent also is complaining that the port is not being forwwarded correctly. I have setup everything i can possibly think (disabled the internal firewall within the operating system), setup port forwarding, setup DMZ for the entire computer. Nothing worked correctly.

I am using Mandriva 2010.1 Linux
inux localhost.localdomain 2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb #1 SMP Thu Jun 17 19:50:04 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The only thing I can think of that would limit the number of connections is the "open files limit" (a socket in Linux is also a file), but the usual default value of 1024 should be enough. You can check this limit with "ulimit -a".

Generally, non-root users are not allowed to listen on ports < 1024, but I'd expect utorrent to choose a higher port number. Still, it's worth checking.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTkJHQ3drYmhVSG45Sk1nOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9