Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Gamma Settings & Keyboard + Note on Patches

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure I'm just encountering rookie mistakes. However, since I can't fix them on my own, I hope you'll manage to bear with me.
Having managed to get the steam-version of the game running (including patches - though I'm not sure if I'm stuck on 1.2 or 7.4a right now ;) ) the things that I need some help with are two:

1. The game is way too dark for me to actually play it. Changing the gamma settings in game doesn't result in any change for the better at all. I'm guessing there is some option in the CrossOver menus which I just haven't found yet.
  2. I also can't change the keyboard configuration in game.
    Strangely enough other options do work, for example having the camera view follow the mouse.
    I'd be delighted if anyone out there could help.
    Crossover Games Version is 9.2.0 and I'm on an intel-based iMac.

Note:
Since I saw people trying to get the thing work with patches and up to now my game hasn't crashed yet (though I'm still stuck in the tutorial, thanks to poor brightness cough) here's what I did to get this to run:

• installed steam in a fresh vista bottle
  • downloaded the game
  • downloaded the patch and applied it
  • started the game with the -window option (and crashed after the main menu)
  • deleted the game via steam (therefore not meddling with my own files manually)
  • reinstalled the software, removed the -window option, putting -novid instead
    I can now play the game, except for what I mentioned above and I can choose the alternative character specifications that come with the unofficial 7.4a patch. Hope that might be of help to some of you folks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWJrWFN0clM3YlltVG53NyIsImdkcHIiOjB9