Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crashes

Hello,
I know that the previous thread says to expect bugs and crashes, but I am experiencing them at a rate such that I can make no progress in the game. I've changed the launch options as outlined in the previous thread, restarted CrossOver and Steam, but seen no improvement. Do I just grit my teeth and bear it, or might there be some other conflict? (Note: I had almost no problems running the Steam version on my friend's MacBook with BootCamp. Because of the frequent claims that the problems are due to the game coding and not CrossOver--and the fact that I have only had trouble with the Steam version when using CrossOver Games--I am inclined to think something is amiss.

Thanks,
Evan

Questions:

• What Mac computer were you trying to run the game on?

• What version of Crossover Games were you running it on?

• Did you notice the crashes occur at specific places in the game or were they random?

• What rate were you experiencing the crashes and where? You might want to be more specific. I see crashes always at the same places, which leads me to conclude it's the coding of the original game, and other players have complained of crashes in those same places, including players using Windows machines. I quit Crossover Games, then relaunch the game, and reload the last save. I've completed three playthroughs on it.

One option to try: go to "My Games" in your Steam window and click to update the game.

Another option is to delete all the game files, then download a fresh copy of the game from Steam and try running it again.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkNQRmtLVnZaRzk5VjhrVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9