Ventrilo Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

strange sound problem.... it works but yet still doesnt

I managed to be able to hear the people on my ventrilo BUT im not able to talk to them. Anyone else having a problem similar to me?

Specs:

Mac OSX 10.4
Macbook pro
built-in sound card is Intel High Definition Audio

and yes im using the gsm codec.

I too can hear but can't speak. The software doesn't seem to recognize that I'm pressing the push-to-talk key.

Running iMac Intel based.

Jason
If anyone knows how to resolve this feel free to share!
Jasonhahn1@gmail.com

Two things:

Have you tried using the test audio software as described here? http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=413;forum=1;msg=6688

I'm not really familiar with Ventrilo, but is Ventrilo supposed to respond to the push-to-talk key when it's not the frontmost application? I don't think that will work with CrossOver. I think an app has to have focus to receive keyboard events.

I was trying it as the foremost application. It registered the keypress event as the it showed the little icon by my name. but no one could hear me. again it was the gsm codec as when i changed the server to speex they could hear me. My guess is either my mic wasnt liking the gsm driver or something along that line.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ2QzZk1CcDVtWlI2Sko4ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9