Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works in WINE, not in Crossover Games

Whenever I install Warcraft II BNE in Crossover Games and attempt to run it, it gives me an error saying it cannot find a certain file. Regardless of whether the cdrom is inserted or I'm running off an iso, it won't work.
However, by installing in on a vanilla install of wine, it does work.
Patching the wine version is as easy as copying the patch file to the .wine/drive_c/Program Files/ directory and running it through wine.

What kind of bottle where you using? I've managed to install Warcraft II BNE, without any effort in a WinXP bottle (running off an iso).

Can you run it in CrossOver Games via the "Run" command? (Selecting you're Wine installed W2)

I'm running the original game from an ISO, and I use either express install or advanced, and it gets me to the warcraft installation screen, but when I click anything except map editor it doesn't do anything.

Crossover Games, I might add.

Under Mac OS X it doesn't recognize the CDRom, probalby because it is double session and read the mac one.

If you need to mount the Windows side of a Mac/Windows hybrid CD, please see this: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/cxofficehybridmacmount

I have tried without luck... anyway i tried also a Windows only version and the game doesn't start. It always ask for game cd, even if it is inserted.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVUpSNHZwcWRScll1SlFoRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9