Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crash in Campaign Mission #3

I've started the campaign (which is a nice trip down memory lane!). Everything worked flawlessly until mission #3 (Under Siege). I know I can't expect everything to work right, but thought I'd report all this just in case somebody has an idea.

Firstly, the game crashes during the opening cutscene, right after Gabriel is telling Colonel Brom that his Imperial Guard troops are needed to reinforce the main base. That crash is easily circumvented by restarting, then pressing "ESC" when the cutscene first starts, thereby skipping the cutscene entirely.

However, I've encountered a 2nd crash spot, which can't be avoided. This occurs when you start scouting out the area in front of the base, and Gabriel notifies you that a Machine Cult has landed nearby. The lower half of the screen goes a strange peachy color, the graphics freeze, but the audio continues for a short while. Then the game crashes.

Since I'm running the "-dev" command, I have the log files if anybody thinks those will shine any light on the problem.

Just out of idle curiosity, I launched the game without the "-nomovies -dev" commands. I discovered that although the opening cutscene to Mission #3 still crashes in the same spot, it no longer crashes when Gabriel mentions the Machine Cult during the mission.

So I guess calling on the -dev routines must mess some things up when running the campaign under CrossOver...

EDIT: Turns out some considerate soul has posted the game's cutscenes on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=14228B16901ADAAB

The video quality is not very good, but it's better than not seeing it at all!

I'm new to crossover as well. I didn't add any command shortcuts (i.e. "-nomovies" and "-dev"), and Dawn of War is still crashing on the 3rd mission. Any help would be appreciated.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN052U21ZcUNZelVnNEZhdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9