Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game status Crossover Games 9.1

Graphics: Nvidia 9400M
[b]
This C4P file will install Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War.[/b]
But before you run the c4p file an important note:

• If you have multiple cds then you you should copy all content (First copy content cd 1, then the rest and do not overwrite files)
    into a folder on your desktop. THEN run the c4p file and select the setup.exe in the folder where the cd files are in.
    At the end of the install it will ask for cd 1 again, so you should put in the cd and "browse" to the cd1 and finish the install this way.

If you patch to the latest version the cd protection is removed:
http://www.filefront.com/4405795/Warhammer-40k-Dawn-of-War-v1.41-Full-Patch/ (Install takes a while)
http://www.filefront.com/5201196/Warhammer-40k-Dawn-of-War-v1.41-to-v1.50-Patch/
http://www.filefront.com/5452364/Warhammer-40000-Dawn-of-War-v1.51-Patch/

Then config you graphic settings and after that finally start the game.

Have fun!

I copied the files into a folder on the desktop. When I launch the C4p file it says it is unsupported. I continue with the installation regardless, select the folder and EXE, Launch the install but it only takes about 1 minute, never asks me for cd1 at the end and then tells me it didn't install fully. Any ideas?

have u tried just running the files from the folder without the c4p file? and did u make sure you copied the 3rd disc, then the 2nd disc and finally the 1st merging any necessary folders and replacing any necessary files?

Alex

I copied the disks in the order of 1-3 but didn't overwrite any files. I just tried installing without the CP4 file which seemed to work, I added the "Data" folder to the graphics options, installed all of the updates, installed the DX9c, and set the graphics config but now when I launch the game the icon shows up in the dash then disappears. These are the same results I got initially when installing straight from the discs and forcing and unmount of CD1 to keep the install going.

The graphics tester runs the engine no problem, I have tried running at all available resolutions as well as windowed.

I have successfully installed steam and a half dozen other games including THQs COH using COG, and this is the first actual Gold rated game and unfortunatley the first that I couldn't get to work.

right so the spacemarine graphic test works but then loading the games does not maybe you are missing a .dll file try creating a log and see if it says u are missing a .dll file.

Alex

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOGJ4TEVMUU5KY01aemdubSIsImdkcHIiOjB9