Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Adding Commands to EXE Shortcuts?

Is it possible to add shortcut commands to Windows applications running in CrossOver, as one can within Windows itself? I.e., adding "-nomovies -dev" to the W40K.exe?

I merely ask because one of my favorite Dawn of War mods relies on the "-dev" being added to the shorcut in order to function. (The mod in question is the In-Game Gamespeed Controller Script, which I know from past experience works with all four of the original Dawn of War games and not just Soulstorm. The mod can be downloaded over at the FileFront site)

I understand that CrossOver cannot duplicate all the functionality of an application within an actual Windows environment, and suspect this is one of those instances.

Needless to say, though, I'm new to CrossOver, and absolutely tickled pink to be able to again play some of my favorite Windows game from within Mac OS X! (Some serious bugs in the current version of Boot Camp prevent me from installing Windows on my new iMac, so until they're resolved, CrossOver is my best alternative. Besides, I'm able to get more done when I don't have to boot up in Windows -- since rebooting is such a hassle, once I've booted into Windows I'm there for the rest of the day!)

You can use the Run Command item in the Programs menu to run a command with additional command-line parameters. Once you get the command working as you want it, you can save that command to the Programs menu (and as a launcher mini-application in the corresponding Programs folder).

Wow! Thanks very much for that. It worked perfectly!

I've now started the campaign, and can hardly tell the difference from playing the game within Windows. This CrossOver really is amazing software!

Could you please explain this in Lamen terms? I'm really not following and I'd really LOVE to be able to do this!!!

Hi, could you explain how to do this in a step by step manner? I'd really appreciate it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNFdYTkNUNWVYVVpOYkVzTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9