WinZip 14.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does not install

WinZip 14.0 and 14.5 failed to install under Crossover/Linux. It no longer deserves gold.
Tried installing 14.5 without crosstie, and also tried using the current crosstie. Both failed.
My computer OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Crossover Linux 11.1.0

WinZip 14.0 installed fine using the crosstie. You need to uncheck some things like shell and systemtray integration.

Winzip 14.0 running on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Well, it clearly worked for you. I tried another couple times, first disabling all the menu options except 'start menu', then disabling all of them. Still would not install. Your Ubuntu 12.04 installation must differ from mine in some way. When I first tried this, I was using Unity. Now I'm using Gnome-classic, but that made no difference.

BTW, I do have WinZip working on a Red Hat system with CX 11.1.0, so my problem may be with U 12.04 rather than CX.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHVrUHRtNVV1eHRTTXNNQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9