WinZip 14.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing WinZip 14.0 (14.5??)

Relating my experiences installing and running WinZip 14.0 and 14.5.
My system is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5.

I installed CX 9.0.1 and found that WinZip 14.0 did not install correctly. (This was a clean CX install after reformatting my drive and installing RH EL 5.5.) The desktop icon was not created, nor was the Windows Applications icon created, nor was a shortcut created in .cxoffice. However, I then went into the CX "Manage Bottles" application, selected the new WinZip bottle, selected "Applications", "WinZip 14.0", and then "Repair or Remove...", which runs the WinZip repair. This operation caused the WinZip icon to appear on the desktop and in the dropdown Windows Applications menu, and WinZip then ran correctly (except as noted below).

Incidentally, the c4p file for WinZip 14 in the Compatibility menu indicates that it is downloading version 14.5, and the bottle is named "Winzip 14.5".. However, the WinZip program actually displays the version number as 14.0.

Later, I downloaded version 14.5 myself and installed it in CX 9.0.1. Exactly the same procedure described above was required. The c4p file adds essentially nothing to the process.

One other note, which applies to versions 10, 12.1, 14.0, and 14.5 running in CX: If I have a text file in the zip archive, I can click on it and it is displayed in notepad. However, I cannot edit that file. Of course, when running in native Windows, the file can be edited.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVVMTWZwRTNuTWhUZjU3TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9