Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wizard 101 update issues with codeweavers

I recently upgraded to the version 10 of codeweavers and it ran Wizards great until they (Wizards) did a major upgrade. Now my game is jerky and more recently during battles my spell cards come up as text. It's impossible to play the game when all you see is text instead of pictures on the spell cards.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I will help if you tell us which platform/OS{version} you are using,
along with which model/brand of video card/chipset you have there ;)

Cheers!

I am running Snow Leopard and my video card/chip set is NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT.

I am unable to install internet explorer or wizard 101 using Crossover 7.1 and Crossover Games 10.1. I have Snow Leopard and 9840 Graphic card and MacBook Pro. I've tried on Safari and Firefox. Please help me . Wiz 101 comes up with download page.
Thanks
Jim

You definitely won't want to be using Crossover 7.1 - that version won't work on Snow Leopard, at all.

Try this - first, launch Crossover Games 10.1, and head to the Configure>Manage Bottles menu. Use the "-" key to delete any Wizard 101 bottles that you find within.

Then, close Manage Bottles and go to Crossover's Preferences menu. In "Installer Assistant", make sure "Automatically Download new application Profiles" is checked.

Now, launch Crossover's Install Software menu, and then click on the little grey arrow next to "Community Supported Applications". Scroll down to "Wizard 101", and then click on "install". Crossover should now download and install Wizard 101.

If you have further trouble, feel free to file a support ticket so our staff can help you troubleshoot the issue:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGdIcG1YSkNLRUtoRUUyUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9