Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics Problem and a Question

I have an issue and a question.

The problem is that the words on the screen are blacked out. This includes dialogue by both other players and NPCs and any words in the spell book. This means I can't check my stats and that I can't interact with other players. The only way to tell what I have to do is to have the sound on and listen to the NPCs but this doesn't always work.

The question pertains to wether or not there is a shortcut that simulates a left mouse click as my laptop does not have a mouse. I can't currently use treasure cards because I cannot discard without the left mouse click.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

To reproduce left-click on your laptop - get a mouse ;) And then set the appropriate "primary/secondary" buttons in your System Settings.

Or, try using ctrl+click. This functions as the workaround for right-click (did you mean "right-click"? left-click is the "regular" mouse button, right-click is the secondary) on OS X. Does that work in-game? If not, you might need to go into Crossover's Preferences>Keyboard and Mouse settings and Enable Keyboard Modifiers for mouse buttons.

As for your blacked-out words - first question is what type of graphics card have you got on your Mac? And what version of the OS X? If the rest of the game (characters, background, etc) is rendering fine, and just odd things like letters are blacked out, that might be some kind of driver bug.

Also, check to make sure that you've got all of the requisite components in your Wizard 101 bottle. To check, go to Crossover's Configure>Manage Bottles menu, highlight Wizard 101, click on "applications", and make sure you've got the following:

Crossover HTML Engine
Flash Player 10
Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable
Wizard 101

Thanks for helping out. The clicker fix you suggested worked great.

All of the applications are installed so its not that.
I have OS 10.5.8 and I think my graphics card is the GMA 950. I say think because I'm not sure if that number corresponds to the graphics card or something else.

Hi,
I know its been a while but I am still having graphics problems. Things have gone from bad to worse. Now I can't read any text on the screen unless it is the player names or the cards. That means that I can't read quests, I can't read stats, I can't read anything but the cards and the player names. Please help.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOW1tdk1UeGI4M1FZVGFnYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9