Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wizard 101 Freezing on entry and on porting

Since a recent update to Wiz101 about a month ago, every time I log in, select wiz I'm going to play, it will load and then freeze for a minute before I can move. This also happens quite often when I port to another player. I don't know how to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does this freeze happen consistently? If you logout of your character, and then select that same character and click "play" again to jump back into the game, do you get the same freeze, again?

On my own system, when I first launch the game, there's usually a freeze of several seconds after selecting the character and clicking "play" as the "page" turns, but this doesn't happen if I quit and then jump back into the game.

Hi Jack, yes this freeze happens consistantly it is sometimes after the first character loads, other times after the 2nd or 3rd character but it will always happen - sometimes lasting for almost 1 minute.

Thank you

I'm afraid I'm not able to pin down any similar behavior on any of our installs. Though it's a pain to do so, have you tried deleting your Wizard 101 bottle (which you can do inside Crossover's Configure>Manage Bottles menu, using the "-" key) and then re-installing a brand new copy into a new bottle?

After the install it'll take some time to re-load all of your character data, but a subsequent test will tell you if the problem is some kind of corruption with the bottle (which we haven't seen before, but is likely) or some problem with Wizard 101, itself - perhaps with the servers that your client accesses.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmE5a0JHVmIydnNldEhYeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9