Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wizard101 will not finish installing

When I go to install wizard101 on Linux Mint 11 it installs and runs fine, but the crossover installer never actually get to the point where it says installed. It will just keep saying installing even though
It has already been installed and works. With no shortcut I can't start the program without browsing the C drive and clicking on the .exe. Can anyone fix this bug. If I manage to fix it I will explain how and repost here

I made a stupid mistake and did not close the program sorry please close this request

Hi,

...I'm in two minds about deleting this thread -- on one hand,
I'd gladly do that for you because you asked for same ; on the other
hand, quite a number of folks stumble into the same silly trap
when installing Wizard101, and so leaving this thread in place
may actually help future users out ... know what I mean?... =)

...if you reply saying you definitely want this thread nuked,
I'll be happy to oblige ... else, I'm inclined to leave it stand,
for the possible informational value it may represent B^)

Cheers!

I am glad you left this thread here, as I need help with the same thing. I have to first admit that I don't have the first idea how to use a Mac (am helping a friend install this). I downloaded the .exe file ok from the KingsIsle page, but when I open documents and click "Install Wizard 101.exe", I get a text box that appears for 1/1000th of a second, then disappears, and no result.

What does the originals poster mean by "forgot to close the program"? What program? I know this sounds stupid, I don't even understand how to open an exe file on Mac.

Thanks

Hi...

...you should be installing this title via the crosstie
provided (big orange button on the details page here) ; when
you double-click on the downloaded file, you are asking MacOS
to run that program (which won't happen, because it's a win32
program)..

Cheers!

You can even skip the "tie file" portion and install entirely from Crossover Games "install software" menu. Launch Crossover Games and head to the "install software" menu, click on "Wizard 101" in the list of supported applications, and then click "install". Crossover will then download and install Wizard 101 automatically - you just need to approve the packages and installations as you are prompted to do so.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRktRNU1rWHBYWGg1cDNYeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9