Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

First-timer

G'day. I installed successfully under my (parent) profile. But I can't get it to install under either profile of my daughters who actually play the game. It's a newly purchased iMac with Lion. Any thoughts on getting it to launch under other profiles (i'm using the trial version for the time being). Thanks for taking pity upon a noob...

Presuming that your daughters accounts have parental controls on them - installing/running apps in Crossover Games on controlled accounts can be a bit tricky, because Crossover has to download packages and installer files from a number of different sources, and once Wizard 101 is installed the program itself accesses online servers and some scattered webpages.

If you've got fairly basic parental controls on the account in question (i.e. application use is not restricted, and web sites generally accessible except for the automatic adult content filter), then you should be able to install Wizard 101 directly from Crossover Games (which you've already installed in your primary admin account)

To do so, launch Crossover Games, and head to the Configure>Install Software menu (or option "1 - Install Software" in the welcome screen). Choose to "update automatically" (and approve the website Crossover points to, if prompted), and then look for "Wizard 101" in the list of Supported Applications. Select it, and then click on "install" in the lower-right hand corner of the screen.

You should now be prompted to accept the download for Wizard 101, itself. Even if you accept access to the website, this initial download will probably fail. Cancel the installation, and then go back to the "install software" menu. Choose Wizard 101, again, but this time click on "will install into a new winxp bottle Wizard 101-2", and select the pre-existing Wizard 101 bottle before clicking on "install" to proceed. Crossover should now successfully download and install Wizard 101.

When you first launch Wizard 101 after the installation, you'll probably be prompted to allow access to more websites - approve any access to kingsisle or wizard 101 websites, as this will be necessary for playing the game.

Another option would be to install Wizard 101 in your admin account, and then archive that bottle (Configure>Manage Bottles>Advanced>Make Archive) - this will "zip up" the entire wizard 101 installation. Copy this "Wizard 101.cxarchive" file to your Mac HD/Users/Shared/ directory. Then login as your child, copy this file to the child's account's desktop, and double-click to open it in Crossover. Choose to "create" - when this process is done, you'll get a wizard 101 icon that you can use to launch Wizard 101 on the child's account. The first time you launch you'll likely still need to approve access to a number of websites, but subsequently you shouldn't need to.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidnQyRWNha21ISGJzWHJoTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9