Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wizard101 has encountered a problem

Hi there, I tried download wizard101 on my mac. I was succesful, but I cannot play it. It says The program Wizardlauncher.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please help!

Dylan Moyer wrote:

Hi there, I tried download wizard101 on my mac. I was succesful, but
I cannot play it. It says The program Wizardlauncher.exe has
encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
the inconvenience. Please help!

Sorry for the late reply.

You will need to give us more details. What Operating System are you running? What graphics card do you have? What version of CrossOver are you running?

This happened to me too, but I fixed it.
Here's how:
under "Programs" click "Run Command"
select the Wizard101 bottle
type in regedit
Go to HKEY_CURRENTUSER
then Software
Wine
Winedbg
Click "edit" in the top left corner
Mouse over "New" and click "DWORD value"
for the name, type ShowCrashDialog and set it to 0
Once you've done that, do Registry>exit and reopen crossover
Now that "serious problem" window won't pop up.
Hope this helps!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVFLeEx1WkFWZEV1WnhtViIsImdkcHIiOjB9