Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cross over Mac - Black World

So my friend downloaded the crossover games thing and downloaded and successfully launched wizard 101. when she logs on she is IN the world and can see people talking and her MP/HP jars and even open up her menus. But the world is all black. she can't SEE the scenery or people.

is this because she doesn't have snow leopard or mountain lion???? or is this something she could fix by changing resolution or video settings???

Thomas Phelan wrote:

So my friend downloaded the crossover games thing and downloaded and
successfully launched wizard 101. when she logs on she is IN the
world and can see people talking and her MP/HP jars and even open up
her menus. But the world is all black. she can't SEE the scenery or
people.

is this because she doesn't have snow leopard or mountain lion????
or is this something she could fix by changing resolution or video
settings???
Make sure your graphics driver is up to date, also make sure you're done loading everything in Wizard101. But it's really hard to come up with a solution with nothing to look at.

I've had a similar problem. It has to do with one particular area -- the dungeon by the death area. I've tried everything to fix it. It's something related to CrossOver. I end up booting my Mac Pro to BootCamp Windows just to get through that area. Everything is entirely black. I can see parts of the sky, but I can't see where I'm walking. It's very odd that no other areas of the game exhibit this issue. Not sure if the issue is the same as the original one from this thread.

-Tom

i am having a similar problem i have a mac and i can get it to download but once it is downloaded it says it is locked. what do i do?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWVZFTlh1d1N5bmRZbUhucSIsImdkcHIiOjB9