Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White Screen

I have this problem where when I boot up Wizard 101, and after I log in and go into the game, then after showing DirectX logo all it shows is a white screen and my cursor "wand". ALso when I tried it on my mom's computer and it worked (Gold thumbs up!). I really want to play this game on my computer. Here is some info about my mac and CrossOver:

Demo of CrossOver 12.0.0

Mac OSX 10.6.8

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.13f3
Serial Number (system): W87123ZYWGM
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F2D97746
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

If you could give me an answer and a solution A.S.A.P that would be great!

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hi, I have the exact same white screen problem as this previous post.

I would like to run Wizard101 on Black MacBook
Processor 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics Intel GMA 950 64 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

After install all that appears is a white full-screen after I log in. ( 1280 x 800 )
The cursor is the only thing that appears on the white background and the audio.
Pressing the escape key the screen flashes yellow briefly.

I ran Wizard101 on this same MacBook about a year ago using Snow Leopard 10.6 and it worked fine. No Problems.
I had installed code weaver version 11 then and it worked great.

Now Wizard101 does not work at all.

Any way to get this working again? Thanks!

Try going into the "settings" on the login screen (i.e. before you actually log in to the game) and un-check "Bloom Active". Does this help?

Yeah I have this problem too. I tried contacting W101 support and they led me here, I also tried the "Bloom Active" thing, and it only helped a little bit. I can only see outlines.Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Wizard101 has a dedicated Mac client now. Are you using that, or running under CrossOver? If you are running under CrossOver, have you tried the dedicated client?

Yeah I think Iʻm using the Mac Dedicated Client one

Does this happen everywhere or just on a few maps?

Harry Davis wrote:

Yeah I have this problem too. I tried contacting W101 support and
they led me here, I also tried the "Bloom Active" thing, and it only
helped a little bit. I can only see outlines.Is there anything I can
do to fix this problem?

Can you confirm that you're using the Mac client? Go to your Applications folder and click once on the Wizard101 icon, what version does it report?

If you are not using the Mac client, I would highly recommend you get yourself a copy of that instead, it is specifically tuned for Wizard101 and is available from their Mac Download Page, the direct link for the download is here.

Also, have you tried the tip we have posted in the Tips and Tricks section on our site?

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4685;tips=1

It's about the Crystal Caves being white or the Sunken City being dark but that tip should help you in this situation.

If this doesn't help, Stefan's question is very important, we need to know where you're seeing the issue at.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVRtZUg0RWsyeHZhcjNaZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9