Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wizard101 now available for Mac at the Wizard 101 home page

Go to Wizard101 and read the updated system requirements. There is a link at the bottom for download for intel based Mac computers running Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) or newer.

This game seems to work perfectly when downloaded from Wizard101.

Linux players will still need Crossover.

Looks like a stand-alone crossover port from codeweavers. Hopefully they will do the same
for linux in the future.

KingIsle Entertainment is interested in doing a Linux port... IF there is a demand for it. They have made this fact well known to us and the ground work for doing it is already present. Unfortunately, they have heard crickets from the Linux community. Perhaps this is a testament to how well Wizard101 (and Pirate101) run with Wine.

So... if Linux users are looking for the port to be present, go ask for it!

Is codeweavers supporting the Mac launch for Kingsisle? I downloaded the file from Kingsisle but it freezes at the launch screen. Kingsisle support suggested I ask codeweavers for additional support.

If Wizard101 worked properly a few times for you, but now the launch screen freezes, try this:

First, shut down Wizard101, and then click on the Finder icon and in the top menu bar click on Go>Go to Folder.

In the "Go to the folder:" field that opens up, type

~/Library

and click "go". Now, inside Library, navigate to

Application Support/Wizard101/Bottles/wizard101/drive_c/users/crossover/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/

Delete everything you find inside that "Content.IE5" folder. Then, launch Wizard 101 and try to login and play.

Any luck?

If you want to let KingsIsle Entertainment know that you'd like a Linux port, looks like you can contact them via the addresses on this page.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/contactus

Took a while to dig up the contact info page, so I thought I'd post.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUXRrblM4cjhXU1FjcUNOSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9