Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

crashing at launch

Wizard101 keeps crashing, freezing at launch. I contacted KingsIsle support and they suggested I contact you.

I did try this...

In the "Go to the folder:" field that opens up, type

~/Library

and click "go". Now, inside Library, navigate to

Application Support/Wizard101/Bottles/wizard101/drive_c/users/crossover/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/

Delete everything you find inside that "Content.IE5" folder. Then, launch Wizard 101 and try to login and play.

I got further in the game but not their was a bug and I reported it.

It also appears that after I launch the game again, the i.e. folder is back with contents...

Help, My kids are driving me crazy to play with them. :)

I have been at this for hours.

Thank you in advance

Chris Santangelo wrote:

Wizard101 keeps crashing, freezing at launch. I contacted KingsIsle
support and they suggested I contact you.

I did try this...

In the "Go to the folder:" field that opens up, type

~/Library

and click "go". Now, inside Library, navigate to

Application
Support/Wizard101/Bottles/wizard101/drive_c/users/crossover/Local
Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/

Delete everything you find inside that "Content.IE5" folder. Then,
launch Wizard 101 and try to login and play.

I got further in the game but not their was a bug and I reported it.

It also appears that after I launch the game again, the i.e. folder
is back with contents...

Help, My kids are driving me crazy to play with them. :)

I have been at this for hours.

Thank you in advance

Are your kids playing in an account with Parental Controls set up? Are they accessing say... the Pet Pavilion?

What you'll want to do is "white list" the servers that patches come from for Wizard101. Details on how to do so are in the "Tips & Tricks" tab:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4685;tips=1

If you have any trouble, please let us know by sending an email to info@codeweavers.com. We are more than happy to help resolve any issues users might experience when running the Mac Port of Wizard101 or when running Wizard101 through CrossOver.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibTJVVHV1UGZGSGM0QVhueiIsImdkcHIiOjB9