Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No buttons!

Hi,
I am trying to use Wizard 101 on my Mac. I tried using Crossover Games and it isnt working very well. I can Login and it shows up the loading screen like I'm used to with PC's. Then it goes to where you chose which of your characters you want to use and you can chose which one but there are no Play, Options or Exit buttons. Please Help!

Can you tell us what graphics card is on board in your Mac? Can you also try taking a screen shot of the issue (command + shift + 3)? What specific version of the MacOS are you running (10.x.x)?

Hi Carson. It does happen when I play the game, too. My current version is CxG7.2.2 but I was able to test the game too using 8.1.4. Sometimes I can see the buttons, too but most of the time, they are invisible. I just try to mouseover at the bottom of the game screen and hope that I press the correct button (I sort-of memorized the placing of the buttons at the bottom of the screen when I played before).

When mousing-over, try to turn up the volume and you will hear a sort-of mouseover-sound-button in-game. This is what I did when trying to "see" where the buttons are. It is a bit pain though, that's why I stopped playing the game with CxG (along with other problems when you are able to login the game, including but not limited to missing text details and blackened chat in-game).

Adoriah wrote:

Hi Carson. It does happen when I play the game, too. My current
version is CxG7.2.2 but I was able to test the game too using 8.1.4.
Sometimes I can see the buttons, too but most of the time, they are
invisible. I just try to mouseover at the bottom of the game screen
and hope that I press the correct button (I sort-of memorized the
placing of the buttons at the bottom of the screen when I played
before).

When mousing-over, try to turn up the volume and you will hear a
sort-of mouseover-sound-button in-game. This is what I did when
trying to "see" where the buttons are. It is a bit pain though,
that's why I stopped playing the game with CxG (along with other
problems when you are able to login the game, including but not
limited to missing text details and blackened chat in-game).

Can you tell us what graphics card is on board in your Mac? Can you also try taking a screen shot of the issue (command + shift + 3)? What specific version of the MacOS are you running (10.x.x)?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMndkUExNZ1ZFcDVTUXFzcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9