Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wizard 101

Hey,

I recently finished the trial version on Crossover Mac, I was very pleased with the trial so I bought the full product. After I finished installing it I tried to play Wizard 101. Everything was working like it did on the trial, but whenever I get to the "KingsIsle" startup page (first things I see after I enter both my password and username) it won't go any farther than that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any way to solve it? Why was it working with the trial and not the full product?

Thanks

Hi,

Well, the Crossover demo versions are the full versions, just time
limited, so I doubt the problem is there. Being an online game, I would
more suspect it is some kind of remote server issue...or a connectivity
issue between your machine and the server...hard to say..

Cheers!

If the problem persists, you can open a support ticket about it. Thanks for buying! 😊

I get the same issue with crossover Mac trial version. I was trying this out to set up this game for my kids but i can't past the Kingisle screen. I also had issue with the cp4 file...crossover kept telling me it was a non trusted source file...so I gave up and just installed via crossover...

I just installed the crossover trial so that I can play wizard101 on my mac. I'm having the same problem so unless it gets fixed I guess I won't be purchasing crossover!

Hi folks,

I know CupCake Ninja has been busy with other things, so I thought I'd
just lend a hand and see if I could triage this issue...

@Fabio - that C4P notice you see about loading an untrusted file is expected behavior
in the current C4P version, it isn't an error as such. If you manually installed
Wizard101, you would also need to install the other dependencies the C4P profile
provides, to wit, Directx Runtime - modern, Visual C++ 2005 and Flashplayer -- without
these the game is unlikely to run.

Now... I'm a tad confused -- I just installed the game onto my iMac 11,2 using the C4P
profile and Crossover Games 9.2 to find the game works. Granted, the first login window
I see says 'Loading..' and nothing seems to happen, but I was able to enter my username
and password and login...then play the opening tutorial session. That finished, the game
looks like it's now involved with downloading/updating other runtime files...I'm just going
to let it sit there and finish that, and see what happens subsequently...

Certainly though, I'm not seeing the problems that others are with this title, even in
getting as far as I have -- we are going to need try and exclude certain variables. I have
an 11,2 iMac w/ HD5670 video running OSX 10.6.4 and Crossover Games 9.2 ...would others
having problems with this please list the same information - it may help better isolate
exactly what's at play here...

Cheers!

We are just using the trail. The very first download of crossove and then wizard101 installed and worked.
Every time sine then we can't get past the username / password screen, it just will not run any further than that.

Mac detail :

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Video/graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 9400:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0869
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3454
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

ANyone else with nvidia getting the problem, maybe its the graphic card??!?!?!?

After you log in does it update the game and give the play button?

I doubt it's your graphics card - I've got an Nvidia iMac, as well, and it works great. Your GeForce 9400 should be up to the task.

You say that the very first download/installation of Wizard 101 worked fine. Just to make sure we're on the same page:

You installed Crossover Games, first, and then downloaded the "Wizard 101.c4p" file from our website:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4685

After downloading the "Wizard 101.c4p" file, you double-clicked on the file to open it in Crossover Games. You chose to "load" the C4P file, and then clicked on "install." Crossover then downloaded and installed Wizard 101, in addition to a few needed dependency packages such as Microsoft Visual C++ and the Flash 10 player.

The above method is the "standard" way to install Wizard 101 in Crossover Games. Is this what you did? If so, moving along -

How are you launching Wizard 101 now that it's installed? After the installation of any program in Crossover, you'll find a launcher item for that app in Crossover's Programs menu. In the case of Wizard 101, you'll find the launcher inside Programs>KingsIsle Entertainment>Wizard 101>Play Wizard 101. You're using this launcher, but it still won't go past the login screen?

After entering your login creds, does clicking on "login" even work? Does the client start to path its files, prior to showing you a clickable "play" button? At what point does the login screen prevent you from going any further?

i love it

Zack Thompson wrote:

Hey,

I recently finished the trial version on Crossover Mac, I was very
pleased with the trial so I bought the full product. After I
finished installing it I tried to play Wizard 101. Everything was
working like it did on the trial, but whenever I get to the
"KingsIsle" startup page (first things I see after I enter both my
password and username) it won't go any farther than that. Does
anybody else have this problem? Any way to solve it? Why was it
working with the trial and not the full product?

Thanks

I recently downloaded the trial version of Cross Over Games on my son's iMac, so that he can play Wizard 101. They were very pleased with it, so just yesterday, I downloaded/purchased the Cross Over Games Professional version, so that we'd have support. My kids now tell me that Wizard 101 doesn't work like it did with the trial -- the game freezes up all the time!

Can someone please help? Otherwise, I'm going to request a refund, as this is the only game they need Cross Over Games for. Thank you!

Hi,

I'm just a tad confused by your post ; for one, there is no Professional
version of Crossover Games....but just aside that for the moment...

The installation you had (of the Crossover Games demo version), is in fact
the full version of Crossover Games. Normally speaking, if you've setup a
demo install like this (with some app in it, here, Wizard101), all you should
need to do is buy a license like you have, and merely register the installation
you already had working -- nothing should change in this scenario wrt the app,
all that happens is the demo time restriction is removed - there is no need
(or point) in downloading/installing another version.

By the look of it, you didn't follow that path -- could you tell me exactly
what you did? Also, it worries me a little to see you mention the professional
version -- if you've downloaded/installed Crossover Pro, Wizard 101 won't run
correctly in that version - it must be Crossover Games.

Let us know about what you did, and it should be easily sorted.

Cheers!

Please note that customers with valid licenses can file a ticket with our support department for more specific help with your problem:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

First, thank you for this prompt response to my post! I did, in fact, register the software that we had downloaded for the trial. However, I believe I purchased the wrong thing -- I paid $69.95 for Cross Over Mac Professional. However, it allowed me to register the code we had downloaded for trial, without any issues. Should I contact someone to switch from the Mac Professional to the basic Cross Over Games? It didn't seem to matter - or at least, the system didn't recognize an issue when registering.

I really appreciate your help here.

I just checked the "My Downloads" section of my Account, and it shows the Cross Over Mac Professional as well as Cross Over Games. This is how I was able to register the code. So, now my only problem is the fact that once registered, the code seems to be acting up, and freezing the game. Perhaps it requires a clean install?

Hi again,

Okay...that's a bit odd...first up, as you've bought the wrong product,
you should enter a ticket as Jack mentions above (or alternately you can
email info@codeweavers.com) and get the purchasing situation sorted ; the
Codeweavers folks will be more than happy to sort that for you.

If you did only register the installation you had, and it broke the app
in some way, that should not happen -- I would definitely try a clean
reinstall and see if that resolves it, but ideally this should not be
necessary.

Be sure to mention this in your correspondence with the Codeweavers crew.

Cheers!

I have been having a very hard time with Wizard101 on my mac. I have the newest MacBook Pro and it seems to handle everything with ease. I thought that this would apply to this game as well but I was very wrong. Now, before you say that I need to install codeweavers games, I did. I am currently using the trial version and it seemed to be doing a great job until, all of a sudden, everything froze. That was the first time. Now it freezes every ten minutes, and every time the play time gets shorter and shorter. I have tried deleting the shortcut but didn't completely uninstall. I'll try "trashing" everything and I'll check back with the results.

I installed Wizard101 using the orange button.
The game works but the installation never finishes completely so every time I want to play I have to go through the whole installation again. (unless I just don't know how to initialize the game properly.

Also fullscreen doesn't work...

1 to 19 of 19

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTGhrRld0S3dweExFV1Z1WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9