Wizard101 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wizard 101 Install help

I recently downloaded the 30 day free trial version of codeweavers in order to run Wizard 101 on a Mac. When I attempted to install this Application this message came up with the options of Load or Don't Load:
Load untrusted C4P file?
The C4P file ‘Wizard 101.c4p’ is not from a trusted source!

This means that CodeWeavers has no knowledge or control over what actions profiles from this C4P file may attempt. Be VERY cautious loading untrusted C4Ps as they can cause great damage to your computer.

Finally, C4P loading is still in alpha and may be unreliable. You will get no support from CodeWeavers with issues involved in loading untrusted C4P files.

When I tried to click the Load option, however, the installer did not react to this command, and the option box remained on screen. How can I get rid of this option box?

Hi,

As C4P -is- still in alpha, those disclaimers are expected at this time...

...as to your problem...hmmm...the C4P profile is coded to work with Crossover
Games, would you by chance be trying to load it into Crossover Pro/Std?

Cheers!

Hello,

I'm new to Crossover however I think that I've followed the steps that I should for this game. I haven't been able to get the game to launch and I'm unsure if there is a way to find out why it is failing. Is there a way to debug what is happening when I launch the application?

I'm using:

-Debian Linux (Mint - rolling distribution version)
-Crossover Std for Linux 9.1.0
-Windows XP Bottle
-Installed Apps:
-Crossover HTML Engine
-Flash Player 10
-Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern
-Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
-Wizard 101

The launcher was able to download the file updates for the game itself. I have tried a few suggestions on the video options to disable Bloom / Shadows and tried to run it in a lower resolution.

The screen goes white and a little window pops up that appears to be the standard Wizard 101 option to submit a problem ticket. "A problem has occurred - Do you want to report this error?" Y/N buttons

Any help / advice appreciated.
~Nate

Hi,

You're using Crossover Standard? I'm pretty sure this title will only
work in Crossover Games.

Cheers!

@Nathan and @Owen,

You'll need to use the demo of Crossover Games to successfully install and run Wizard 101 - the C4P file will not properly load in Crossover Standard.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/download_trial/download_links/

Owen, my option box doesn't go away either, I have crossover standard, and crossover games installed, but I dont know how to make it run on games.

We are having the same problem as Nathan(above). We have installed Crossover Games. The game actually ran for a few days and now we only get the error. Help!

If you've got a license for Crossover your best bet for quicker help is to use our support ticket system:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

Please include a detailed description of the problem and your Operating System/Computer specs, particularly the graphics card.

I installed Crossover and Wizard 101, but when i turn the game on it just freezes and doesn't do anything. I have to restart my computer for it to work. What am I supposed to do? Thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1ZuUlRLdUtNQ1NwRlNzdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9