WordPerfect Office 12 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WordPerfect Office 12 has been tested on CrossOver Office 3.0.
Here are the results:

• Installation: WORKS.
  • Running WordPerfect: FAILS. The splash screen appears, but the loading stop at this point.
  • Running Quattro Pro: FAILS. It doesn't work. More testing needed.
  • Running Presentation: BRONZE. The program runs but many operation do not work very well. I don't consider the application functional at this point.

What need to be tested:

• The product activation may be causing problems. It would be a good idea to test if it is possible to disable this "feature".
  • The crash detector may be causing problems. It is possible to disable the feature, but I can't seem to confirm it really is disabled.

Have a nice day!
Richard

Anonymous

Hi, I'm testing WPO12 for a non-profit that I'm desperate to get off of Windows XP. I grabbed the WPO12 Standard evaluation version, and a trial of CXO 4.2- out of the box, it looks ok so far. I can install WPO12 (had to install IE6 first), run Word Perfect, and it sees my printers. I haven't had any focus issues, perhaps because I'm using Fluxbox as my WM. I'll want to do a lot more testing before setting it up for my NPO, but I'm excited. I just submitted a screenshot as well. Thanks for keeping up with this!

-sten

Anonymous

Hi,

After a bit more poking, I see that the Save dialog doesn't seem to work - double-clicking a folder to try to open it causes the dialog to exit, the file-type drop-down is empty, and hte save button doesn't seem to do anything.

If the absolute first thing I do in WP is to choose file -> new from the menu, WPO crashes. I can repeat this over and over again, but if I do anything else first, all the menu options work, including file -> new.

Also, when I exit the program, it dumps a stack trace rather than just exiting normally.

So, it's not ready for my users, but probably not impossible.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYnBmZ0FVRXVwOHRlZlRFcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9