WordPerfect Office 12 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Numbering - Macros

Did WP decide to make the numbering/outline business worse on WP12 than previously, or what....?!

1. Why, when I go into Numbering, are the preset numbering layouts different in different docs? One doc, for example, the first Outline/List: Paragraph has 1. (A) (i), but in another doc that same named list has 1. 1. i. ... what gives? Are the numbering lists document-specific? I thought whatever was in that Insert / Numbering dialog was common to all docs?

2. Why, back at the same dialog, when I click on (this time) "Numbers," then click on "Edit," then click on "Level 1" to edit it, WP12 has no option to do such edit (that I've been able to find) like prevous editions did. So if I want to use, for example, Outline/List: Numbers, but replace the tabs in each Level with hard indents, I have to "Create" -- no edit of the levels available. And then when I "create," it requires that I give it a name ... but that name is not accepted when I go on to edit Level 2, Level 4, etc., and I have to give each successive level another name (or variation of the initial name); so what's the point of naming something if the levels in the Numbers outline I choose all have different names.

3. Then, when I attempt to create a macro "num" that chooses the "Numbers" style I have "created," it's not there; if I try to step through the numbering edits in macro record mode, then run the macro, it comes up with an error message -- to the effect that the numbering outline/style I've chosen/created doesn't exist.

What's the point?

Thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkVtYWc0VFlwWUE3UkVGMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9