WordPerfect Office 12 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Incompatibility after an Ubuntu upgrade.

I've not needed to use WordPerfect for a month or so, and have no doubt installed a number of Ubuntu upgrades in that time. One of them appears to have affected CrossOver - I was using 17.1.0 under 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS, I'd been remiss in upgrading CrossOver :(

Anyway, the problem observed was that after a very few minutes working with WP, the keyboard became inactive. I could switch to another desktop, and the keyboard was still working there, it was only within CXO that it had 'disappeared'. Fortunately the mouse still worked, so I could exit WP and CXO using the mouse, and try again. Nope, no joy, same problem.

I've just downloaded CXO 17.5.0 and will try again, and report back. If 17.5.0 exhibits the same problem, I will try the latest nightly build and see whether that causes the same problem. Watch this space...

Apologies for forgetting to add the promised report - I've had to give up with Word Perfect under CXO, I just can not get it to work acceptably, let alone reliably. I've gone back to a Windows XP virtual machine for running WP Office 12, and I would suggest that this application be regarded as no longer compatible, at least under my setup (Ubuntu 18 LTS 64-bit).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR3ozcTVjY2VyTmdIWE1RNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9