WordPerfect Office 12 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tested with: Cxoffice 4.2.0

Unfortunately, no progress have been made to help this application work. Since cxover team is working on a WM rewrite, it is possible that next version might be more successful running WordPerfect. I'll try to test some nightly builds to see if the situation improves. I'll keep you informed.

Have a nice day everyone,
Richard

Hi, I have WordPerfect 2000 and 2002. Wonder if you can tell me if the installation procedure has changed significantly from WPO12? I believe WPO2000 (my favourite version to date), does not even install (last I tried with CxOffice 4.2). But, if I remember correctly, at the end of the installation, WPO2000 tries to load up a DOS box to register some stuff, which is probably the point where installation fails in that version. So, yes, if you can confirm that it will help me (i.e. if I ever want it to work, I must upgrade to WPO12).

P.S. I have switched to use OO.o, which is great, although I do miss using WPO, especially WordPerfect itself. I used to use WPO2k for Linux, but have since given my copy to others, and have none for myself. Also, I doubt it works well even with the latest Corelwine.

The installation procedure has changed significantly in WordPerfect 12. I believed they completed the MSI migration by removing legacy configuration elements. That's why WP12 installation completes successfully where WP11 doesn't (but that's just a guess).

It is interesting to note that WP12 runs successfully, but that the interface remains unusable because of focus problems. This is encouraging since it means full support may not be so far of. I will, of course, continue to test the application as new versions are released to see if there are improvements.

Richard

With Version 4.2 WP 11 installs just fine. The two big issues with v11 are Quatro Pro doesn't work, and the Save Dialog doesn't Work

Have you tried disabling the advanced file saving dialog?

Fixing the file dialog box.
After some experimentation, I have found that the file dialog problem can be solved by doing the following manipulation. 1. Go in Tools, Settings. 2. Select Files. 3. Uncheck Use enhanced file dialogs. You will lose the enhanced file dialog but you can work with files now.

Richard

Does Quattro work with version 12?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmZxR2hjQkFKbmVXTmhDeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9