Wordperfect Office 2002 (v11) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing wordperfect office 11

This may have been done to death but I'm trying to install WPOffice 11 on Fedora 10 using codeweavers. The installation starts and asks for the serial number. when I type it in it says its invalid. Works in WindowsXP ok. Not sure what the deal is.. Anyone got any ideas. Or if there's another version of corel WP that works in Fedora?

reply to curtis.ross@securityaddicts.com.

Ok I fixed the install and it works great. Can even read the old WordPerfect6 docs. Just install Internet Explorer 6 using Crossover and then install WP Office 11 into the same bottle. Make sure to goto "tools", "settings", "files" and uncheck the "use enhanced files" something or another. After that it works great. Thanks Codeweavers.

Thanks Curtis,
Followed your instructions and it installed. Played around with it a bit and worked fine.
Only thing is that when it starts windowed it sometimes is just the title bar and you have to expand it.
Also occasionally I have to open it twice to get it to work.

Here is the brief log with the two errors in bold that cause:

1. only the splash-screen to show the first time you start up the app.
  2. the window to be just the title bar.

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:font:SetMapperFlags (0xb98, 0x00000001): stub - harmless
fixme:font:SetMapperFlags (0xf68, 0x00000001): stub - harmless
[b]fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255
err:xrender:get_xrender_format_from_color_shifts No XRender format found![/b]
fixme:font:SetMapperFlags (0xe664, 0x00000001): stub - harmless

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlRHbmVuS1FCQkxFaEhaQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9