World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Any recent notes on how well this game runs?

Any recent notes on how well this game runs?

Just curious. My older install from a month or so back is broken, which was a known problem -- launcher, updater, cursor, etc. Just curious.

Hi,

Like yourself, I found my old install to be cactus a few days ago -- I've downloaded
the latest full client release, hopefully in the next few hours I'll get a chance to
check it out -- will post back ;)

Cheers!

Update: yeah, still works -- pretty much the same as before, mouse-cursor is
still whacky, the updater client has issues (download the patches from the
WoT site and apply/install them manually) ... seems to be running quite well..

OK.

I got the game patched manually.

Managed to log in and start up a fight.

The cursor problem makes this game rather futile to play however. I dont have a targetting reticle, so I pretty much either guess repeatedly, or just roam around lol.

Until a fix for the mouse emerges within CXG, I will be putting this on hold for STO or Rift, both of which play rather well here :P

Andrew Schott wrote:

OK.

I got the game patched manually.

Managed to log in and start up a fight.

The cursor problem makes this game rather futile to play however. I
dont have a targetting reticle, so I pretty much either guess
repeatedly, or just roam around lol.

Until a fix for the mouse emerges within CXG, I will be putting this
on hold for STO or Rift, both of which play rather well here :P

With the current latest one it runs okay, but the cursor problems are still there. Luckily you can aim with the arrow keys.

Anytime I try to change any graphics settings though it still crashes, and you still have to go through some hoops to get the launcher to work correctly.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGtrZnVxUzcycHVUUXlmZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9