World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Any updates?

Has anyone been able to get this game running with CrossOver Games 10? I'm currently having to play it using Parallels Desktop in fullscreen mode, but I know that the performance would be considerably better with CG.

I've managed to get as far as launching the game (after installing HTML Rendering Engine 7 to get the launcher working), but there's that cursor issue making it unplayable. If we could force it to run in fullscreen, perhaps it would work like it does with Parallels?

Hi,

Although it can be made to run, the mouse cursor business is still the
spoiler, and as yet that problem has yet to be fixed in wine...see;

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20395

Cheers!

OK, thanks for that link. I'll keep an eye on it for a potential fix in the future. It would be awesome to have this game running with CG!

I just took a look at that bug report. It's been updated in the past few days with a patch to apply to wine 1.4.2rc2 that reportedly fixes the issue. We may be getting this fixed soon if the patch is accepted into 1.4.2rc3 as this would go into the Crossover 11.0 beta.

Awesome! Any idea when CrossOver Games 11 will be released or whether I could get hold of the beta to try it out?

EDIT: Ignore the above. I just realised version 11 has already been publicly released... It's been a while since I last checked. :P

• Update - the raw input patch referenced here did not (nor perhaps
    is likely to) get accepted into the wine-1.4 tree in it's current
    form - it' a hack, not a proven fix for all games. That said, I did
    patch & compile the cx11 wine source, and it does work for WoT...

.... watch this bug, and you'll end up knowing when it is fixed ;

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20395

OK, thanks a lot; I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

I absolutely love this game and I used to play it using Windows 7 via Boot Camp, but a combination of a need for hard drive space for OS X and frustration with having to reboot just to play the game was driving me insane.

I'd be ecstatic if I could get it working with CrossOver. Any ideas where this game stands on the list of priorities for official support? Pretty low, I'm guessing, but it being an MMO would make it a long-term investment for this product. I know there's a significant portion of WoT fans who'd love to see the game working on their Macs (without the hassle of Boot Camp).

...the priority/question of 'official support' is neither here nor
there -- the lack of a working raw_input implementation in winecore,
affects many more apps than just WoT, and so what you've really got
to hope for is high amount of momentum/coding to get this raw input
layer working 'properly' so that it will be accepted into the wine
source code. The difficulty, with that, is the required code to
fix this stuff, touches on various different areas of winecore ;
it's not just a simple 'add another line of code in one winelib'...

..the actual hack/patch referenced here, is really only a 'proof
of concept' piece demonstrating what's required and a way of going
about it -- the actual code that eventually makes it into winecore,
will invariably be different/expanded upon -- wait for the bug to
be fixed, -then- notions of 'official support', here, may be valid,
as the game (current release) does run very well...

OK, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll just wait patiently and keep an eye on that bug.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHU1SHJtbVBGQXpjRWU2SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9