World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to connect to server

I am running latest crossover mac and installed the north american version of wot (WoT_0.8.2_na_install.zip). It loads up and patches itself, but then says "Failed to connect to the server. The server may be unavailable, or your network connection settings may be wrong."

I have the same experience with 'WoT_internet_install_eu.exe'.

The message says:
Failed to connect to the server.
The server may be unavailable, or your network connection settings may be wrong.

(The patching went correctly and I can also login with same username/password on the WoT webpage.)

Ondřej Surý wrote:

I have the same experience with 'WoT_internet_install_eu.exe'.

The message says:
Failed to connect to the server.
The server may be unavailable, or your network connection settings
may be wrong.

(The patching went correctly and I can also login with same
username/password on the WoT webpage.)

What OS / OS version are you using?

I had the same issue using teh cross tie as is. This installed the US version of the game and I am registered on the EU servers. They do not allow you to login into us server with a EU login and vice versa.

So instead of letting the crosstie download the installer I downlowded the EU version, extracted it and then gave crossover the directory during setup. After doing that I could login just fine.

Now I just have performance issues when the battle starts :/

Carl

Carl Becker wrote:

I had the same issue using teh cross tie as is. This installed the
US version of the game and I am registered on the EU servers. They
do not allow you to login into us server with a EU login and vice
versa.

So instead of letting the crosstie download the installer I
downlowded the EU version, extracted it and then gave crossover the
directory during setup. After doing that I could login just fine.

You may like to know that it's caused by a bug in Crossover: #923813. It can be worked around by running cxinstall from the console like this:
LANGUAGE=en_GB /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxinstaller

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNEpoQndFZVcyZWhScDlMTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9