World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

World of tanks works great now.

I downloaded the trial version of crossover, and installed world of tanks using crosstie .
I am running Ubuntu 12.10 with Nvidia driver version 310.19.
It runs everything perfectly but slightly slower than windows 7 does.
And i am running it with the enhanced graphics with medium settings and getting 25 to 35 fps at 1920x1200.
It will run the old graphics 60-70 fps.

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 and have Version 12.1.0 of Crossover installed I also have the 310 nvidia driver installed for my GTX 670. Had no trouble installing world of tanks. But when I run the game everything works perfectly until the actual battle starts. Then performance drops down to unplayable frame rates. When the timer is counting down the 30 seconds at the beginning of the match performance is still great 60fps. Then as soon as everyone starts driving it all goes to hell. When I then go back to the garage performance is back to normal again. The effect is the same with both Improved and standard graphics modes and I have also tried setting everything down to minimum but the effect is still the same.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what going wrong or have any suggestions where I could start looking for the issue?

Thanks

Carl

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1BMelJzSjI2R0dYRlJzayIsImdkcHIiOjB9