World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Some objects disappear at random (CrossOver 12)

Hi guys,

It's great to see World of Tanks finally working with CrossOver and I'm really impressed by the overall performance. I've noticed, however, that certain environmental objects (such as rocks and trees) seem to disappear randomly or at certain distances (of which I'm unsure).

I've tried playing around with the settings; for example, maximum foliage settings stops trees from disappearing. Some of the rocks (including very large sections of cover, very important in this game) do still come and go, which makes the game difficult to play at times.

I thought I'd post this here to see if anyone is aware of this behaviour or if anyone has any tips!

My relevant specs:

• MacBook Pro with Retina display 15.4" (running game at 1440 x 900)
  • 2.3GHz Core i7
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB
  • 8GB RAM
  • OS X 10.8.2

Merry Christmas,

Marcus

Hiya great to see its working for you!

Firstly i've got a MacBook with mountain lion (10.8) and Wot crashes a lot. Logs in fine but stops responding when I go into sniper mode (zoom in) and sometimes when I go into a battle. There's only 2 choices of screen size (both much smaller than my macs screen size). It's not my graphics (nor I think to do with my computer). on my vista comp I can't get past the login screen... That is a graphics drivers problem (I think). I have latest crossover and used wot SEA installer as the installer (then updated to 8.3 fine). Any ideas how I can get it working properly? I had the graphics on minimum.

Secondly flora: trees, disappear when u knock them over and sit on them. Bushes, still appear if ur in them (or near) they disappear if you fire when your within 15 metres of them, (thus losing ur cover) that stops tanks from hiding and killing enemies without being seen the whole time. Rocks Don't ever disappear (in windows wot and normally they Don't).

However; even if you can't see that house (they're usually destructible but good cover until then) everyone else can (as long as they have normal wot) the servers see that cover so even if u can't see the house, the enemy still can't shoot through it. That's why wot is pretty safe from hackers. A hacker can give his tank 200 cm of armour but that will only be cosmetic. Those houses are cosmetic :). Confusing but helpful I hope.

Crossover/wot needs to be fixed!

Joe

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3JGaDZNeHFMUmF4bkVrbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9