World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WOT Client crashes upon opening

Hello all.

First of all, I'm excited to finally have the possibility of getting WOT running reasonably well on LINUX Ubuntu.

However, I'm having problems. Got really excited when I found CROSSOVER. Got MORE excited when it downloaded WOT automatically and gave me the familiar game launcher!

MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT when the client loaded, when through the animation, and then the second it was asking me to confirm usage rights or agreement the window just faded away....SAD.

I uninstalled and re installed again with same result. I then downloaded the whole client separately. Used the "tie" and installed directly with the whole install....same result.

So, three failures with same result. Any ideas?
I'm only using the trial now. I thought it would be perfect and there is NO QUESTION I'd purchase if it worked. This and one other windows program is going to decide whether I have to re install windows in defeat after trying so hard with LINUX or just use CROSSOVER for all my small, but important windows needs.

Please advise and help. CROSSOVER seems like a great product that many people need...if it can work reasonably well.

Cheers.
C

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

BTW:

I'm using Zorin OS 6 (Ubuntu)
Linux 3.2.0-35-generic-pae(i686)
Open GL Renderer Gallium 0.4 on NV92
2xPentium R Dual-Core CPU E6800
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

hope that helps

install the most recent nvidia drivers.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibWcyY3lVTmZ6NUVrbUhRciIsImdkcHIiOjB9