World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crashing on entering Overlord Map

late 2013 rMBP
GT 750M
i7 Quad
Yosemite 10.10.3
Wrapper version 1.0.18

Today patch 9.7 was released. The new map "Overlord" crashes the game, and since WoT brings you right back into the same match if you crash that means you just keep crashing until the match is over. Then you get welcomed back with a penalty 😭

Anyways just thought I would point this out. I also sent a "contact us" message. I'm using the wrapper downloaded from the WoT forums if it matters.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

For a while it worked with extra effects turned off but now its back to crashing again.

I think i figured it out. If you delete the ~/Library/Application Support/World of Tanks folder before every time you run the game, AND turn the extra effects (normal and sniper) to OFF, THEN you can play on the overlord map. You can't restart the client though so switching from improved to standard graphics for example will result in it crashing all the time again.

Hi Daley Paterson. I've tried your trick but here the question - How can I turn the extra effects to "OFF" without restarting?

when you go into the graphics settings, click on the details tab. In the top right you will see two sliders. One for the Extra Effects Quality, and another for the Extra Effects in Sniper Quality (or something like that). Slide them both down to OFF. You won't need to restart your client if you don't change the standard/improved graphics settings. You can make any other changes you want. Just don't touch the standard/improved setting.

We are currently triaging this issue. If you are experiencing it, please contact our support team by emailing info@codeweavers.com.

In your message, please ask to be added to bug number 12846.

In your message, please include information about your system:

1. The version of the MacOS or Linux distribution
  2. The graphics card in use
  3. If there are any other maps besides the Overlord Map that experience the trouble

Many thanks in advance!

hi thanx for your help. any news ? have you still problems to fix this bug?

( sorry for my english i'm a poor french guy :p)

I have the same issue and have emailed info@codeweavers as directed. Hope they get a fix to this soon as it stands we will be getting a 0 wn8, loss of credits etc each time we are put into the overlord map. Thanks

UPDATE: seems as though there are a lot of missing extra effects from the file/package for the overlord map for macs, maybe look into this?

We have shipped a build to Wargaming that fixes the Overlord Map, it is currently pending review.

Once they approve it, launching World of Tanks will initiate an update for the Mac application (it should go from version 1.0.18 to version 1.0.19).

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA for the update.

Wargaming released the build. BIG thanks to you guys!! You're pretty much fantastic! :)

how do you know they did the release?
and if its ok thank you guys for your work

oaxacaris wrote:

how do you know they did the release?
and if its ok thank you guys for your work

The build number for the Mac application increments. So it should now report that it is version 1.0.19 and not 1.0.18.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOE1lWGZtR0x3Q1VxUHg4aCIsImdkcHIiOjB9