World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to use mods with Codeweavers´WoT Mac wrapper

Hi guys. I just came back to WoT after a long break when I saw this new approach to mac users via this wrapper. And for that I would like to congratulate you guys. My thanks.

What I can´t figure out is how to make mods work. Any mods.

Before I used the Wraper by Paul and I could actually manage to tinkle around with mods even if the wrapper itself was way too prone for crashes and some options on some mods were not really an option. I´ve been trying to do the same with this wrapper but to no avail.

The folder structure for the game using this wrapper is a bit different, more convoluted, but I can find what I think it´s the right folder (when we reach that level the basic structure seems to be pretty much the same as before). But when I copy the mods into the rez_mods folder in worldoftanks (full path is Aplications/Worldoftanks/Contents/SharedSupport/worldoftanks/support/worldoftanks/res_mods) and launch the Game nothing ever is applied or executed. Not a single mod. from the most simple to the most complex XVM file/config. I´ve tried several scope/crosshair mods to no avail. All I get is the same basic game design and info. The same with every other mod.

Like I said, I´ve tries everything I can remember of, and which I used before with the other wrapper. It simply does´t work.

Any hints or guidelines guys?

Alex Leal wrote:

The folder structure for the game using this wrapper is a bit
different, more convoluted, but I can find what I think it´s the
right folder (when we reach that level the basic structure seems to
be pretty much the same as before). But when I copy the mods into
the rez_mods folder in worldoftanks (full path is
Aplications/Worldoftanks/Contents/SharedSupport/worldoftanks/support/worldoftanks/res_mods)
and launch the Game nothing ever is applied or executed. Not a
single mod. from the most simple to the most complex XVM
file/config. I´ve tried several scope/crosshair mods to no avail.
All I get is the same basic game design and info. The same with
every other mod.

Like I said, I´ve tries everything I can remember of, and which I
used before with the other wrapper. It simply does´t work.

Any hints or guidelines guys?

Things are going in ~/Documents/World_of_Tanks ...

Put them in there and you should see things start working.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN1hDYVdIYlZMUjhCTXJYUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9