World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Closed beta working good in CXG 9.2.x and linux -- beta version 0.6.1.5.58710

Some mouse pointer glitches, otherwise ok at the latest beta release ;
currently need to run it via the main game exe - the WoT Launcher exe
is crashing at present...

Cheers!

I have not had any luck. I made a vista bottle and an xp bottle and neither one will run it off the main exe file in ubuntu 10.10.

Try manually installing Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern and .NET 2.0
into the same (winxp) bottle....

Ok, I'll give it a try. I am fairly green at all this so I may have to seek aid in doing this.

In Manage Bottles, highlight the WoT bottle and click on 'Install Software'.
In the installation list, you'll find the above two components in the
'Runtime Support Components' area....

Thank you. I had messed around until I got it done, but still no luck. It's telling me it's caused an error, this could be the program or a deficiency in wine. I had the free wine program installed and tried to run WOT before. I am wondering if I have a corrupted file somewhere as a leftover.

Hmmm...you know, I must admit I was running it from commandline
with debug on...I'll do a bit of checking to see if that has
anything to do with it...

Update: nah..runs fine from the 'Run Command' route built into the Manage Bottles GUI.
This is my LFS box...which is somewhere near debian 5.x spec...nvidia9800gt with the
proprietary nvidia 260.19.21 drivers, vanilla 2.6.34 kernel, no pulseaudio...you?

I have had the same probs in Linux and Mac.

It starts but the mouse icon is wrong and the movements of the tank do not work correctly.

I have installed DX and .Net f/w 2.0 and it makes no difference for me.

I am going to try tweaking a few things, and if I get it to work I will report what I did.

[edit] Incidentally the Launcher doesn't work for me at all, and the updater refuses to update the older client base installer that I have.

Iirc, one of the debug logs suggested it was after .NET 3.x (unsure of version)
and we're gunna be sunk if it turns out .NET 3.0 is not enough ; I might try
that now and see what the launcher does...

Update:

Okay...got the launcher going...install .NET 3.0 and Microsoft
HTML Rendering Engine 7 into that same bottle (you'll find the
latter package in the 'Community Supported Apps' section of the
cxinstaller GUI)...

Did loading the launcher in make the cursor right? I have a fresh ubuntu 10.10 install on a new computer and a fresh crossover install. Now I am installing the software to get it ready for wot.

what about needing a windows license for net 3.0?

Hi,

No, fixing the launcher does not fix the mouse cursor - the mouse cursor problem
is something else again (I think there's 2 or 3 different mouse cursors in the game
and we're not displaying things properly). I have no idea what you're on about wrt
windows licensing & .NET 3.0 -- I install that package from 'runtime support components'
in crossover, it just installs and never displays aught in the way of EULA or such...

Cheers!

Ok, in the notes on net 3.0 it says you need a windows license. But, I installed everything and the launcher worked great, other than the red slashed cursor lol. But, once in my garage, the screen blinked three times and the program crashed :(

Well, now it won't even load up. I think I am ready to throw in the towel.

Well, it is beta software so it's always a case of ymmv -- the previous
release (0.5.x) wouldn't run for me at all, only the latest release. I
wonder where the differences are (between our respective systems)..what
videocard/drivers are you using?

well, on this new comp its an onboard ati, the previous was also ati. ubuntu 10.10 for me and I think you are using debian, but I am skeptical that is the difference.

I haven't tried it on my debian system (it'll probably choke on the Ati 9600XT anyhow),
but on my own build with nvidia card/drivers it works fine -- don't be at all surprised
this is where things are different....it could very well be a videocard/driver thing. I
might give it a try on my iMac (has an Ati HD5670 card) just to see what happens...

ok, well I would love to know if you get it going on an ATI video card. I am not savvy enough to make my own build. I am just barely literate enough to not be one of the windows dependent users.

You mentioned no pulse audio, I dont know what that is, could that be a problem keeping it from loading?

Hi,

I'm still waiting to hear what video card drivers you are using?

Cheers!

I ran the .NET 3 and the HTML Rendering 7, and the cursor seems to be correct, but the mouse only moves when I am clicking... Hrmm...

no longer running the beta, so not sure...

Anthony wrote:

I ran the .NET 3 and the HTML Rendering 7, and the cursor seems to
be correct, but the mouse only moves when I am clicking... Hrmm...

no longer running the beta, so not sure...

When I set this game up in Parallels (works fine btw), I had this behavior when using Parallels "coherence" mode. In windowed or fullscreen, the problem goes away. Not sure how that applies to crossover but I suspect its a similar issue.

anyone tried this using latest CX & latest WoT client?

Today I have tried to get it running with CXG 10.1 on Ubuntu 11.04. So I got it installed and logged into the game. The first problem I have encountered was the mouse behaviour - it's not visible for me.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22521

For getting this to run, unfortunately there are several patches necessary to fix the mouse and such. Best way I can describe is to grab the source of a particular version (I use the latest 1.3 branch personally), patch the source, and build it.

There are some winetricks elements needed too, but if you follow the first howto over there you will have it running. I have yet to figure out how to get this to work correctly on CXG, as to the mouse problem. The winetricks parts are pretty straightforward to get the proper counterparts to Crossover. I have no idea how to not bork CXG and get the patch applied.

HTH

1 to 27 of 27

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkdVTXJQZUs3Y3E0ZWVjVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9