World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

crash during install

I didn't see this in the CrossOver documenation or another post so I though I would put it in just in case.
I've been trying to install World of Tanks for 3 days using different bottle types and methods of install.
The creation was always successful, but when the game loaded and began to do its download and update, it would crash quickly.
The message "An unhandled exception is occured. The application will be restarted." would appear.

I was trying an install using play on linux when a message popped up.
The cut down version of the message is once the the installer starts, click on the wrench in top right corner. Uncheck the "Allow torrents" box. Press Ok and let the downloader restart. Otherwise it will crash within a minute.
Which is what was happening to me.
Since I made the change my downloarder is working.

Hope this helps.

In my case after update from 13.2 to 14.0 or 14.2 have same problem but during starting game ☹️ .
So I back to 13.2 .

<deleted by user>

Kaj Forney wrote:

<deleted by user>

I simply turned of the, "allow torrents". Click on the box that has a wrench inside it (upper right hand corner), it will open and uncheck the box that says, "allow torrents". Seems to work like a charm for me after just one hiccup.

You cannot disable torrent anymore from UI. However, you can still disable it by opening file WoTLauncher.cfg and changing launcher_transport from 3 to 2.

Markus Hjort wrote:

You cannot disable torrent anymore from UI. However, you can still
disable it by opening file WoTLauncher.cfg and changing
launcher_transport from 3 to 2.

Worked for me. please add to tips and tricks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUmdmYjY4ckVNQmF1WmRtNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9