World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoT 9.8 Common Test Client [HD] - What Is The Best Microsoft Windows To Install This Client Into So I Can Run In OS X 10.10.3?

As the WoT 9.8 Common Test Client [HD] needs 64-bit - what is the best Microsoft Windows bottle to install the HD client into so I can run in OS X 10.10.3?

Or is there an official WoT 9.8 Common Test Client [HD] wrapper?

It looks like Wine supports the WoW64 environment if the WINARCH=win64 is enabled -is that correct?

If so, are there plans to have WoT wrapper that supports WoW64?

The HD client is actually a 32 bit executable, but it demands a 64 bit operating system to have 4 GB of address space available. Shouldn't be hard to run, we only have to pretend to be a 64 bit Windows.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

The HD client is actually a 32 bit executable, but it demands a 64
bit operating system to have 4 GB of address space available.
Shouldn't be hard to run, we only have to pretend to be a 64 bit
Windows.

So how do we pretend to be a 64-bit Windows client OS?

My iMac has 32GB RAM and my MacBook Pro Retina has 16GB RAM so the 4GB address space should be no issue.

There's nothing you can do unfortunately, we have to change this in our wrapper. Matteo is working on it.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

There's nothing you can do unfortunately, we have to change this in
our wrapper. Matteo is working on it.

Any news on the change to the wrapper?

Thanks

Matteo has put a hack into the wrapper, I've put in a place for the FPS fix. I think the changes are making their way through the QA queue, but I don't know much about the details how the update release process works :-\ .

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Matteo has put a hack into the wrapper, I've put in a place for the
FPS fix. I think the changes are making their way through the QA
queue, but I don't know much about the details how the update
release process works :-\ .

Any news on the hack for the wrapper?

The public version should be updated. Have a look at the SD / HD dropdown in the game launcher.

I am now running OS X 10.11.x on a mid-2015 27-inch iMac Retina with the 4GB AMD Radeon R9 M395X video card.

The WoT Mac Wrapper still appears to be Client 1.025.

According to your Blog codeweavers [hopefully that is the right case] now has a AMD Radeon R9 - are there any updates coming to WoT Mac Wrapper for that card?

I would run WoT in CrossOver 15 but it does not run the HD client. Are there material differences between SD and HD clients? If so, what are they?

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYlhoeVY3YmI0OEplUmdSciIsImdkcHIiOjB9