World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Replays in patch 9.8

In patch 9.8 you cannot play back replays recorded in earlier patches. It doesn't matter whether these are you own replays or someone else's. I suspect this is related to only being able to install an SD client in 9.8 - I guess the 9.8 SD client interprets all 9.7 and earlier replays as being HD and therefore cannot support them?

Hopefully you are working on a fix for the lack of HD client support? I see it is widely reported on Wargaming's forums as well as this one.

Thanks

We are working on a fix for the HD client support.

World of Tanks replays often break from version to version, this issue is not isolated to Mac users. It can be attributed to map changes and rendering changes and other bug fixes.

Here's a link where Windows users are discussing the issue:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/501730-97-replays-dont-work-in-98/

It's relevant because of the link to all old game patches:

http://wot.djgappa.com/

There are various walk-throughs that will help get you to an older version. We do not support rolling back nor does Wargaming but the possibility is there.

I would recommend recording your replays so that you can always play them (though this takes away from the replay functionality). Replays use World of Tanks to re-render the battle and play it back; if you record your replays to a video, you can always play them back with most video players.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXBja0h4bXVnVkhFTFgzQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9