World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Screen flashing red and green

Does anyone else experience their screen flashing red and green? I don't have it happen to me but a few people I know do, it only happens in garage and yes, its with the most recent wrapper version (1.0.19). If you want screenshots and/or logs I can direct them over here. I just figured I would ask the general public if anyone else has had this issue or not. And any ideas on how to fix it.

Daley Paterson wrote:

Does anyone else experience their screen flashing red and green? I
don't have it happen to me but a few people I know do, it only
happens in garage and yes, its with the most recent wrapper version
(1.0.19). If you want screenshots and/or logs I can direct them over
here. I just figured I would ask the general public if anyone else
has had this issue or not. And any ideas on how to fix it.

I'm assuming you're on a Mac with the wrapper version you've listed.

What graphics card are you using? What version of the MacOS?

1. Go to the Apple Icon in the upper left corner
  2. Choose "About this Mac" from the drop down menu
  3. Click on "System Report"
  4. Highlight "Graphics/Displays"
  5. Report the card or cards listed there, my system reports:

Intel Iris Pro
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Hi Daley,

My tanks are flashing as well in the garage for 3 days but not in green and red. Moreover, during a battle, the ground is blue and i can't see any buildings nor trees...

As a result I can't play... Have you find a solution for your problem? I have the same version of codeweaver. Very weird.

Thx !! :)

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I'm on Yosemite and I have a HD 5000 card. I use a Mac book air. It used to work perfectly since january 2014.

Sorry for the late reply. His system is the Intel HD 4000 graphics, 1024mb video memory, Yosemite 10.10.3

I told him it might just be the limited capability of his card, but I figured I would pass the info along anyways just incase it is helpful to you gentlemen

Daley Paterson wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. His system is the Intel HD 4000 graphics,
1024mb video memory, Yosemite 10.10.3

I told him it might just be the limited capability of his card, but
I figured I would pass the info along anyways just incase it is
helpful to you gentlemen

Thank you for the reply.

We have had some success reproducing this in-house. Then an update came through for World of Tanks and the bug went away for us.

We have one report that the flicker remains on some systems but have been unable to confirm this or work on the issue.

The flickering issue still remains in my system. I'm on Yosemite 10.10.4, Intel Iris Pro.

The flickering issue is at least not as frequent as before, but flickering still persist sometimes in the battle, especially when I point the camera to the edge of the map, or when I see water areas. Weirdly, it only happens in some maps.

The flashing red and green problem also occurred at the moment I go back to garage from a game.

Lawrence Kan wrote:

The flickering issue still remains in my system. I'm on Yosemite
10.10.4, Intel Iris Pro.

The flickering issue is at least not as frequent as before, but
flickering still persist sometimes in the battle, especially when I
point the camera to the edge of the map, or when I see water areas.
Weirdly, it only happens in some maps.

The flashing red and green problem also occurred at the moment I go
back to garage from a game.

I have a question also, is there any possibility that WoT Mac can get higher FPS?

I have tried the Windows version on Bootcamp, it can reach as high FPS as it can, about 30-40 fps, but on Mac it can only reach at maximum about 30fps? Will there be an update in the future can fix the low FPS problem? Like Valve games on Mac are using Codeweavers but they are all amazingly sleek.

BTW, keep up the good work.

I was able to reproduce the flicker with the latest build and made a fix. It will take a while for the fix to make its way through our and Wargaming's QA, please be patient.

Regarding performance: This is tricky. On my Nvidia-based Macbook pro retina from 2013 we're as fast as Bootcamp once the hardware is hot. Windows starts with a blazing fast speed (about 2x what our port achieves), but slows down considerably within a minute or two when the hardware throttles down. OSX seems to throttle from the beginning, so we don't see the speed boost in the first minute. When comparing performance please check after 10 minutes of gameplay to make sure you're not running into heat management differences.

Things are similar on my older Macbook pro from 2009. Matteo has tested AMD GPUs, but I don't know the exact result. I never compared Intel GPUs because my Retina MBP won't allow me to use the Intel card on bootcamp.

Overall I'd argue that 30-40 fps vs 30 fps is a fairly small difference. It's possible that it is caused by vsync, which caps the framerate at screen refresh cycles, so you'd see 60 fps at most, then 30 fps if you can't get to 60, then 20, 15, 10, etc. Make sure vsync is off in the game, and you can use Apple's Quartz Debug program to force vsync off system-wide.

Oh, the actual cause of the red and green flicker is a bug in the Intel GPU drivers that I reported to Apple about 3 months ago (bug 20257691) - I once isolated it because a lot of other games are also affected. Maybe Apple ships a fix with the next OSX update 😊 .

I don't know if this is related, but a player on the wot forums that "used to" get the green and red flashes in 9.8 now gets this:

Processor: 2 x 2.66 Dual Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 8 GB 667 MHZ DDR2 FB-Dimm
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512 MB
Software: Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5

I was getting green and red bars flashing across the screen until the 9.9 update. Now I get rapid black flashes covering the entire view and the scenery flashed on and off at random.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHI3OTJ6TDhCNm1CUjgySyIsImdkcHIiOjB9