World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Path for wrapper

Hello, I am using the wrapper for WOT and I am delighted with it.

One of my sons wants to use it but he is using the iCloud drive for documents. This Fills his iCloud drive and uses a lot of bandwdth to update the iCloud drive.

My question : Is there a way to set up the installation path of the wrapper to a different folder than the Document one ?

Thanks for the good job with the wrapper

Marc

Yes... Sort of. I made a video on how to do this but there is a catch. Every time the wrapper is updated it will revert back to putting the game in your documents folder. So basically you need to redo this every time the wrapper is updated, before you launch the game. Its not hard, it's just easy to forget and your sitting there wondering why the latest patch is 15 gigs big.

The video specifically is about putting the game on an external drive, but it works with putting it wherever you want to. Different internal drives, other folders on your internal drive, or (obviously) an external one.

https://youtu.be/Uhuses76-Sc

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR1pWUHJjNjhYbkNickI4WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9