World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoT 0.9 in HD

Hey there,

I'm running Arch Linux, but it should work for other distros as well.
I've managed to get WoT up and running in HD, here's how it worked for me:

Create new bottle: Windows 8 64 Bit
Once setup choose the bottle in the left and go through the menus "Bottle" -> "Install software into ....."
In the "Crossover Software Installer" type in World of Tanks and select World of Tanks from the suggested applications.
All the requirements are getting installed, click your way through it.
In the end it will download the WoT internet installer and run it - click your way through it untill it crashes and dies.

Go to the Wargaming page of your region and search for "Wargaming Game Center", click through to the download page and download the installer.
This time you select the bottle again in the left of the main Crossover window and again select "Bottle" -> "Install software into .....".
In the "Crossover Software Installer" type in anything that comes to mind and select "Unlisted application ..."
Click "Continue" and click "Choose Installer File" - now select the installer that you just downloaded from the Wargaming page "wargaming_game_centerinstall[region].exe".
Let it install and at the end it will start up and discover that you have WoT installed and if you want to import this - select yes.
If it crashes while downloading - then start it up again and pause the download, go to settings (Cog Wheel to the left) and in the Updates section set a download speed limit that matches approximately 80% of your internet download speed for conversions use this handy page: Data Transfer Rate converter
Run it through the download and when finished click "Game Settings" in the upper left corner and select "Check and repair" let it run through this process as well (some files were missing in my first install run).
Once done test it out - if it works for you from here - great! Have fun.

If it doesn't work from the Game Center do not dispair we have a way around that.
Double click the "Run Command..." icon.
Click the "Browse..." button.
Find your way to you WoT directory (in my case C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU) double click the "WorldOfTanks.exe" file - DO NOT RUN YET!
Click the command line starting probably with "/home/username/.cxoffice....." press the END key to get to the far right of the command line and now add:
-clientGraphicsAPI d3d9
Notice the space in the beginning.
Once done click "Create Launcher..." button lower left corner and put it in the proper menu location.
I've named mine: "WoT D3D9" double click that to get WoT in HD 😎

I've run one match and had excellent framerates and no issues (only have had time for one match).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUEpnVUxOZlAzZlViTUJlcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9