World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Apple M1 Chips will World of Tanks run on these new maschines?

Hi,
my Mac has to be replaced by now, and I am wondering if world of tanks will run on the new Apple M1 chip powered maschines? New Mac Mini, MacBook Air and PowerBook 13 are powered by Apple M1 chip.

Rosetta 2 works pretty fine as benchmarks show, and also GPU seems to be not bad, and should be good enough to fight some nice battles with world of tanks.

Any infos about that, ..... as I want to order a new Mac Mini soon, and would like to know about wot before ordering the maschine.

I am not using crossover, I am using the Mac wargaming Game Center, ...... (I am not the super technic keen guy)

Thanks, ..... cheers!

Yes it does work!

Mac Mini M1, 8Gb Ram, Big Sur, 1920 x 1080, in standard resolution up to 170fps (all details Set as high as possible, around 100fps when active playing with lot of action), in better resolution (here the details are a Set to bit lower), around 50fps. The Mini doesn't even get lukewarm, the fan doesn't make a sound.

Hopefully Codeweavers optimize software for Apple silicon (M1) to get even better!

Hi,

could you give us any more details? Are you running the new 'improved' graphics or the standard ones?

Standard graphics up to 170fps (when not much is happening, blue sky, not many details around) .... and when absolutely lots of action going down to around 50fps, .... also depending on detail settings.

With improved graphics between 40 and 50, depending on detail settings and action around.

Sometimes I play some improved matches just for the graphics, but most of the time with standard graphics, for better gameplay.

Hopefully we will see M1 optimized software WOT soon, for all M1 WOT players.

And, one thing: We Mac users are paying the same money as PC users, so we an expect better softwares for better gameplay also on Mac!!!

As I also do video editing with this Mac, I been watching CPU behaviour, and swap memory. I decided to go for the 16gb Mini after this. When I get the 16gb Mini I'll post some infos here again.

How did you get it working? I got no luck whatsoever even to start it on MBP13 Big Sur (M1 chip) Codeweavers, please fix the issues, we all beg you!

Installed wargaming game center for mac, then wot via game center, ..... and play, I id not do anything special, and I didnnot have any problems.

Meanwhile I play with 4k resolution with my 4k LG monitor, the only thing I had to do was the scaling of the interface. (Ui)

I also got a Macbook Air M1 now, here I play with 2560 x 1600, modified Ui scaling and get up to 110 fps, standard quality with higher settings. Same procedure, game center, install .... play.

Hope this helps.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkZFeENKM2hVWWdaOEFCNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9