World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

World of Tanks 9.9 doesn't work (the game client doesn't allow to come into a hangar)

Dear Codeweavers team, do you know about this problem? I'm using clear client without any mods. So the question is: did you plan the update of yours WoT wrapper?
Sorry for my bad English, I hope you are understand what I'm talking about : )
Best wishes

Confirmed, client crashes both in wrapper and second install as a bottle. Crashes since the update from today. Crashes while loading the garage.

Yep, downloaded everything again + separately copied awesomium-folder again to Res folder, no help from there either.

Same issue here, as soon as it tryes to enter the garage the client crashes. Imac 21 inch late 2012 Processor 2.9 ghz intel core i5 memory 8 gb 160 MHz DDR3 graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.

Same issue here. seems to be a missing file with the new update patch of 9.9

Theres known is on the WoT forums

[link=http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/512892-fix-for-99-ctd/#topmost][/link]

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/512892-fix-for-99-ctd/#topmost

Here's a workaround from another user:

Got it working after following workaround:

Apparently if one downloads the WoT launcher from the Russian server it starts to work (so when one opens the .dmg file and drags the icon to Applications, it keeps the game content files intact and it works. Their launcher is newer version (v1.0.21) and it still connects to EU server and game language stays english.

For the workaround to download version 1.0.21, make sure you're downloading the Asia specific installer for MacOs.

To do that:

1. Go the worldoftanks.asia and choose the Asia region website link.
  2. Then click the Game menu and select Download Game.
  3. Then click the 'World of Tanks for MacOs' link (note that it's under the big Download Game for Asia Server, Windows button).
  4. Then follow the instructions to download and install World of Tanks for MacOs.

It looks like the newest launcher version 1.0.21 are now available on the U.S. and European region websites as well now.

Doesn't work for me today either, and I just tried the redownloading fix listed above. Ubuntu 14.04 here though not mac.

Good afternoon!I am using Codeweavers Mac Wrapper 1.0.21, but there is a problem,
after the first contact with the tank becomes very low fps (8-12 fps). If you change the adjust the vertical synchronization and buffering problem disappears until the next falling into the tank.
My configuration:
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
There are ways how to solve this problem?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Matthew Wallace wrote:

Doesn't work for me today either, and I just tried the redownloading
fix listed above. Ubuntu 14.04 here though not mac.

The problem is slightly different for Linux users than it is for Mac users. I've just updated our CrossTie to properly cope but any existing installs will need to set a registry key in their CrossOver bottle.

To do so:

1. Open a terminal

2. Run:
    ~/cxoffice/bin/cxrun
    or
    /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxrun

3. Select the World of Tanks bottle and type "regedit" (no quotes) in the 'Command:' field

4. Click "Run"

5. Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults

6. Create a new key value (right click on AppDefault and choose New->Key), call it "WorldOfTanks.exe" (no quotes)

7. Create a new string value within the "WorldOfTanks.exe" key (right click and choose New->string), call it "msvcp110" (no quotes)

8. The value of msvcp110 needs to be set to "native" (no quotes)

9. Close the registry editor, relaunch World of Tanks.

in addition, msvcr110 needs to be set in the same way under the key value "WorldOfTanks.exe"

if i reinstall from scratch will it fix the issue with the new crosstie?

Edit: nope, tried a complete reinstall still crashes before entering garage.

Hello,
I tried the regedit and added those two items and it still didn't fix it.
Here is what worked for me.

Crossover>Manage Bottles>Wine Configuration>Libraries>
Then I added msvcp110 and msvcr110, then edited as Windows Native.
It works for me.

John Mosher wrote:

Hello,
I tried the regedit and added those two items and it still didn't
fix it.
Here is what worked for me.

Crossover>Manage Bottles>Wine Configuration>Libraries>
Then I added msvcp110 and msvcr110, then edited as Windows Native.
It works for me.

I adjusted the CrossTie again this morning to be global for the bottle instead with those two values. It's possible to set the registry key or adjust the setting in winecfg. I set the key on my bottle only for worldoftanks.exe and saw success.

If you have nothing else installed in your bottle, there is no harm in doing it for the whole bottle.

The key is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/dlloverrides
Then set msvcr110 and msvcp110 to native.

Or, as stated by John Mosher, do so via Wine Configuration.

Caron
Are you saying this is a fix for Mac OS
John
[code]

It worked yesterday, now it doesnt work anymore.
Something changed.

So far anything i have tried is not working. I can actually here the garage noise but it will not load, just disappears. I have so far also tried the asia download but it has done almost the same thing. However it will not connect with my pass. Do I need another pass for the asia server?

So is there any update to be expected to solve the FPS issues?

I am working on the framerate issues and I can reproduce them. Something triggers a software rendering fallback in the driver. Forcing GLSL seems to work around things for me, but it does result in lower performance and may not work for others.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

I am working on the framerate issues and I can reproduce them.
Something triggers a software rendering fallback in the driver.
Forcing GLSL seems to work around things for me, but it does result
in lower performance and may not work for others.

To clarify, for anyone that has not made this setting in the Mac port of World of Tanks:

1. Launch World of Tanks but do not press Play in the patcher window  
 2. From the menu bar at the top of the screen choose “File-> Run Command…”  
 3. In the “Command:” entry type “regedit” without quotes  
 4. Click “Run”  
 5. In the Registry Editor navigate to:  
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER-> Software-> Wine  
 6. Right click to create a new Key and name it “Direct3D” without the quotes  
 7. Right click the new key "Direct3D" to create a new String Value and name it “UseGLSL” without the quotes  
 8. Set the value of “UseGLSL” to “enabled” without the quotes  
 9. Close the registry editor  
 10. Click “Play” to launch World of Tanks

This will change the path World of Tanks uses to render. Frames per second will not be the highest you have seen in-game but they should rise to a stable, playable level. The key only needs to be applied once, World of Tanks will save the key until you adjust it again.

When a fix is released, this key should be deleted to regain the highest frames per second available in World of Tanks.

Dear Caron Wills,

You're the best it worked,

Kind regards

PS: love your shades :)

Dear Caron Wills,

Amazing, it worked, form 9 fps to 50 again.

Thank you so much.

Warm regards

Sir_Haz

Works great. THX

1 to 24 of 24

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVWEzVVZUVXNHZ2h6Qld2cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9