World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Have got WoT working on CrossOver 21!

And performance seems so much better. Really, night and day.

So, here's how:

• Install Wargaming's Mac wrapper from here: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/soft/pc_programs/1312/
    • This is based on CrossOver 20 by the looks.
  • Create an archive of the CrossOver bottle by:
    • In terminal go to:
      • /Applications/Wargaming.net Game Center.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wargaminggamecenter/bin
    • Execute
      • ./cxbottle --tar ~/PathToSaveArchive/wargaminggamecenter.cxarchive
  • Import this cxarchive into CrossOver 21.
  • You can now install DXVK
  • Profit

I seem to have flickering textures in High detail, but seems pretty good in Medium.
This is at 1440p as well. Impressive.

It won't replace my PC just yet, but nice to know I have an option that will not heat the room when the good weather returns :)

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,
SudoPacman

Hmm, still get flickering on foliage in medium too it seems, so I think low is the sweet spot.
I'd rather have a superb framerate than glitches and an okay framerate.

Still, it's progress :D

Thanks SudoPacman, this worked for me too, frame rates went up significantly. I also have the clipping on vegetation issue. I will try dropping settings for now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUnV6OXNNTlZKaHRSUmY3NiIsImdkcHIiOjB9